Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tomorrow is only a day away.....

Well this is my last night without a lap-band. I have my surgery tomorrow and for the first time I feel I am really ready for it. I think that I have come to grips with some of the issues I put in my own head and the others I am dealing with and starting to get a handle on.

My goal is to get back to "normal" as quickly as possible. I have a week of protein drinks and clear liquids and then I can start to add food back into my diet. I met with the Dr. on Monday and he said I looked grumpy and that I should go ahead an cheat and have some food since all I have had for the 10 days leading into the appointment were four protein drinks a day. I am going to have to find some other protein drinks because the ones from the doctor's office pretty much suck. I digressed there for second. So Monday night I got to eat a meal with Liz. Chicken, baked potato and salad. So good to actually chew something again and it really did improve my mood. So if I can survive the next week on liquids, then get back to foods I will be a happy man.

I have some early goals and some long term goals and the first early goal is to get back on meat quickly. I will have to experiment for a while and see what my new friend in my belly allows, but all indications are I should have no problems. Here's to hoping they are right.

SW: 352  CW:311.6  GW:220

No comments:

Post a Comment