Saturday, May 7, 2011

2 Days Later.....

Well it has been 2 days since surgery and things are going well. I feel I am pretty lucky, I got pain meds at the hospital before I left but once home I switched to Tylenol. After a day of Tylenol I didn't feel to bad when I woke up in the morning so I decided to see how long I could go without. So here it is 48 hours post op and I am relatively pain free. I get  a twinge when I move but other than that it's not bad at all.

Last night I went for a walk with my wife. I was doing 60+ minutes a day right up to surgery, but last night was only 20 minutes and that was pretty tough. So it's sort of back to the beginning on things. Food, exercise and weight loss. Since the surgery I have somehow picked up two pounds. Not sure how that works being that all I am taking in is liquid, no food for 4 more days, but I am adding weight. From looking around the web, this isn't unusual, no explanation, but not unusual.

So I guess all things considered things are going well and I am pleased with things.

1 comment:

  1. Great news, my friend!!

    Your body could be in starvation mode, too... So, it's storing rather than burning... I'll bet, once you get your metabolism going again, you'll see loss quickly!

    Again, sooo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete